Preview & Download it
This template is used to provide you and your hiring managers with a list of interview questions to ask candidates who have applied for an open position to eliminate having to start with a blank page when creating interview questions. It provides a consistent menu of well-written questions suitable for use in your company and industry and helps achieve consistency in the type and quality of questions asked.
It provides example interview questions that HR, Managers, and all staff involved in the recruiting and hiring process can use to prepare questions for Phone, Round 1, or Round 2 interviews.
Once this ConnectsUs document has been modified for your company, the Hiring Manager or ‘chair’ of the interviewing process reviews the list and selects appropriate interview questions to ask for each round of interviews.
Why use it
Providing your staff with a menu of example interview questions to ask is recommended.
- Get confident and better prepared before your interview begins
- Get ideas for tough or unusual interview questions
- Get the interview questions that will let you find out what you want to know about the candidate
- Your managers don't know what they don't know about interviewing - and they'll likely never tell you. Provide then with what your company believes to be good interview questions to ask
- Achieve consistency with a menu of well-written questions suitable for use in your company and industry that helps standardize the type and quality of interview questions your hiring managers are asking
- Choose your interview questions to ask and drop them into any one of the following questionnaires:
What you risk by not using it
If you don't provide your managers or staff who conduct interviews with a menu of possible interview questions to ask, you risk:
Inappropriate or non-discerning questions being asked, so that at the end of the interview process, you don't have the information needed to make a decision
Wasted time re-creating the same list over and over
Lost knowledge and expertise gained from your more experienced interviewers who can contribute to the list of interview questions.
Interviews are only as good as the interview questions you ask the candidate. It's the difference between you (or your candidate) falling asleep at the table or creating an atmosphere for a lively discussion so you can get the 'real' out of the person you're interviewing.
Stir it up a bit and include some funny interview questions or interesting interview questions. creative with the interview questions you ask. Throw in an unexpected curve ball and ditch those common interview questions.
Job Interview Questions
You can easily create your own category of interview questions. For example, if you're a software company, you'll create a standard set of software testing interview questions.
The list includes the following type of interview questions to ask organized by interview question categories and competencies:
Questions to Start off the Interview
- The best interview questions to start with
- Warming Up
- Gathering Important Information
Technical Interview Questions
- Position-Specific Technical Skills
- Situational Interview Questions to ask
- Computer or Technology Skills Interview Questions
- Development/Staying Current
Behavioural Interview Questions
- Interview Questions to probe for Creativity
- Questions to ask relating to Adaptability/Flexibility
- Communication-related interview questions
- Teamwork/Building & Maintaining Relationships
- Decision Making Interview Questions
- Problem Solving & Analysis
- Strategic Focus
- Bias for Action/Results Orientation
- Project/Time Management
- Staff Management/Management/Change Management
- Interview Questions for Leadership
- Emotional Maturity/Self-Reflection
- Past Performance and Feedback
Unusual Interview Questions
- Outside of the Box, Easter Egg, Critical Thinking Interview Questions
- Tough/Direct Interview Questions
Closing Out Interview Questions
- Miscellaneous Interview Questions
- Accomplishments/Feel-Good Interview Questions
- Closing it Out
Can I preview & download this HR template?
You bet. To preview, just click on the blue link below
List of Interview Questions to Ask
Which HR kit is it included in?
The Interview Questions can be used on its own as a stand-alone tool, or as part of the Interviewing Kit for Managers, which is one of 4 ConnectsUs Hiring Process Kits.
Click image to view full size
Interview Questions to Ask
VIEW This KIT
So much more than just templates