The Straight Goods
The rule book is clear and intuitive. Just old fashioned common sense – and no small print.
By purchasing ConnectsUs HR Toolkit for Consultants™, you agree to the following terms:
- ConnectsUs HR™ subscriptions are meant to provide Independent HR Consultants with the tools they need to be successful in their solo practices. The intention is not to provide tools for larger more established HR service-providers with more than one HR consultant.
- You can charge your clients for HR tools created from ConnectsUs templates and materials - as long as you bundle those documents with a reasonable amount of corresponding services. In other words, re-branding and re-selling ConnectsUs products on their own, as your own, is not ok and is a serious breach of your license agreement.
Are you Eligible for Purchase?
Find out if you're eligible for purchase:
- Do you fit the definition of an HR Consultant?
- Are you restricted from purchasing all ConnectsUs HR subscriptions?
- Do you provide services to clients that are restricted from using our products?
If you're eligible for purchase, refer to the next section.
What you can do with ConnectsUs HR Toolkit for Consultants™
- Use the downloaded HR documents, templates, and file folders ("Downloaded Materials") for up to 5 new clients, as long as you provide corresponding services directly related to the Downloaded Materials. If you exceed 5 new clients per subscription term, you can purchase a new subscription.
- Use Downloaded Materials directly for your clients.
- Create your own HR toolkit using the Downloaded Materials.
- Re-use content from your own HR toolkit for clients.
- Market and provide an HR Consulting bundle offering that includes a combination of your own HR consulting services and some or all of the Downloaded Materials, subject to (1).
- You don't have to disclose to your clients that you're using the ConnectsUs HR Toolkit.
- You don't have to keep reference to ConnectsUs within the Downloaded Materials. You can modify documents and replace logos.
- You don't need to renew your annual subscription for clients you acquired and for whom Downloaded Materials were used in a previous subscription period.
- You must contractually have your clients sign that the Downloaded Materials you have produced for them are proprietary and cannot be sold, copied or re-used by anyone other than your clients' employees. Here is some suggested language:
- Any original work, forms, templates or programs produced by Contractor prior to the Term of this Agreement (‘Prior Work’), is set out in SCHEDULE A;
- Prior Work supplied to the Client and used and altered in the course of performing the Services shall not be considered a “work for hire”, but shall be owned by Contractor and licensed to the Client for the Client’s use in its own business on a perpetual, royalty-free basis without any right to assign or sub-license.
- The Client will take reasonable measures to ensure that it will not allow its Staff Members or other third parties to make copies of Prior Work for use outside the Client.
- The Client will ensure that future HR professionals hired to provide Services for the Client will be contractually required to adhere to Section 3.
What you can't do with ConnectsUs HR Toolkit for Consultants™
- Purchase ConnectsUs HR™ for Small Business. You can only purchase ConnectsUs HR for Consultants™.
- Get a refund for your subscription. Once you have access to the Resource Center, you have access to our copyrighted templates and materials and a refund cannot be provided under any circumstances.
- Use any content on the ConnectsUs Resource Center for clients, or sell any component of Downloaded Materials, without providing corresponding services directly related to the Downloaded Materials you intend to submit to your clients. For example, you can't sell your client services and corresponding documents for Performance Reviews, and then charge extra to include templates for Recruiting & Hiring without providing corresponding paid services relating to the Recruiting & Hiring Downloaded Materials . If you aren't selling services to directly accompany the Downloaded Materials, we interpret that as re-selling our product as your own - which is a fundamental breach of your Licensing Agreement.
- Provide services to clients who are restricted from using our products.
- Use any part of ConnectsUs to create your own stand-alone products and resell them as your own.
- Publicly or generally market yourself as selling a stand-alone proprietary or branded HR toolkit, ready-made HR templates, HR forms, HR documents, HR guides, or manager resources - without marketing that these tools must always be accompanied by your services.
Give your clients or anyone other than yourself access to the ConnectsUs Resource Center. It can only be accessed by you – the ConnectsUs HR for Consultants™ License holder and your login and password can never be used by someone else.