Client Priorities Spreadsheet
The Client Priorities Spreadsheet is a workbook that includes spreadsheets HR Consultants can use to record and manage client priorities, and document the status and completion % of each task/project. It may also be used to provide the client with details for each billing period.
Becoming an independent consultant is a unique option for those looking for a role with a bit more flexibility than a traditional nine-to-five job. Independent consultants provide services to a variety of clients, rather than working for one establishment.
As an independent consultant, you get to be your own boss and choose your own hours, projects, and location. Instead of following commands from your employer, you can choose what types of projects you work on and the types of clients you serve. While this is definitely a pro to the job, it also requires some serious documentation and organziation on your end to keep your multiple client projects (past, present, and future) organized.
This Client Priorities excel workbook gives independent consultants an HR List worksheet to easily record projects and tasks, hours remaining on a project, client prioritiy ratings, project status, completion %, client contact responsible for the project/task, and more. You can also record projects/tasks that have been identified but have not started yet. This is to ensure they do not fall in between the cracks, i.e. out of sight, out of mind!
Also included is a Discussion Points & Questions worksheet to record important feedback/comments and questions for your clients. This includes any road blocks that you need your client's help to resolve.
Why Use the Client Priorities Spreadsheet
- To record and rate client priorities.
- To keep track of project status and completion stage.
- To note issues related to each project or task.
Benefits of the Client Priorities Spreadsheet
- Provides an at-a-glance view of client priorities and their current status and progress.
- Lets you ensure you are prioritizing the correct projects/tasks.
- Helps you to schedule and plan your workload. Keeps you focused.
- Lets you quickly identify areas of concern so you can address them in a timely manner.
Download the Client Priorities Spreadsheet
Download the Client Priorities Spreadsheet! This template is included in the HR Consulting Kit, a comprehensive kit that features templates & best practices to set up & manage your HR consulting practice.
Tips for working with the Client Priorities Spreadsheet
- Focus on the "Red Hot" items that have a low completion percentage. Be honest and ask yourself what is impeding its progress. If you are losing bandwidth because you're pulled into other transactional HR tasks, consider bringing this up with your client.