Client Contract Agreement Template
The Client Contract Agreement is a template for a contractual agreement that establishes terms and conditions for services to be performed by an HR Consultant for a client.
A Client Contract Agreement is a service contract between an independent HR consultant and their client. Once completed, the form will include all cogent details of the agreement, including services provided, fees, expenses, payment, and the length of the term for which the consultant is being hired. A non-solicitation clause is also included in the document which prevents the consultant from working for a competitor or customer of the client for a defined period. Furthermore, confidentiality, intellectual property, and limitation on liability clauses are also included.
Why Use the Client Contract Agreement
- It establishes an intention for an independent contractor status and not an employer-employee relationship.
- It reinforces commitment on both client and independent contractor and forces both parties to think through the terms before establishing a contract.
Benefits of the Client Contract Agreement
- All terms and conditions are documented. This avoids misunderstandings which can arise in the absence of a written agreement.
- It defines expectations and roles and responsibilities for both the client and the independent contractor and minimizes ambiguity in the event of a dispute.
Download the Client Contract Agreement
Download the Client Contract Agreement template! The template is included in the HR Consulting Kit, a comprehensive kit that features templates & best practices to set up & manage your HR consulting practice.
Tips for working with the Client Contract Agreement
- It's recommended that you have a lawyer review your written draft before using it to ensure it is enforceable in court in the event of a litigation.
- Send the document to your client in Word format so that they can make tracked changes during the negotiation stage.
- Towards the end of the contract period, using the contract signed, review your deliverables with your clients and identify areas for upsell (ie additional work post contract period).