What do I need to consider when deciding whether or not to implement an HR process or tool?
When determining whether or not to implement a new HR process and/or tool, consider:
- The HR stage of your company. Do you have the basics in place to support this?
- Your priorities. What are your current HR challenges, and which of them should be addressed first?
- The anticipated and realistic HR budget/resources available for implementation and ongoing maintenance.
- How much support can you expect from senior management with respect to implementing and adhering to this process? Do they fully understand and appreciate its value?
- Will managers and staff support the process? Think about how they will benefit from it, and how you might communicate the benefits to them.