How do I search and replace words or phrases?
You can use MS Word’s Find and Replace functionality to quickly find and replace keywords with the terms used in your company.
To find and replace keywords:
- On the Home tab, under the Editing pane, click Replace. The Find and Replace dialog box opens.
- In the Find what field, enter the first keyword you want to replace with your term. If the keyword or phrase has angled brackets around it, be sure to include them.
- In the Replace with field, enter your replacement text. Omit the angled brackets.
- Click Replace All. Every instance of that keyword in the document will be replaced with your term.
- Repeat steps 1-4 for every keyword.
Tip: When you've finished replacing the keywords, search the document for any stray < or > bracket symbols and delete them.