How do I add or remove table rows and columns?
To add a new row:
- In the row adjacent to where you want to add your new row, right-click in any cell.
- Select Insert, and then click Insert Rows Above or Insert Rows Below.
TIP: To quickly add a row to the end of a table, click in the lower-right cell of the table and press the Tab key on your keyboard
To add a new column:
- In the column adjacent to where you want to add your new column, right-click in any cell.
- Select Insert, and then click Insert Columns to the Left or Insert Columns to the Right.
To copy existing rows/columns and insert them as new rows/columns:
- Click and drag to select the rows or columns you want to copy, then right-click your selection and click Copy.
- Right-click at the location in the table where you want to insert the rows/columns and select Insert as New Rows/Columns.
To delete a row or column:
- In the row/column you want to delete, right-click in any cell.
- Select Delete Cells.
- In the Delete Cells dialog, select Delete entire row or Delete entire column.
To prevent a row from breaking across pages:
- Right-click in the row and select Table Properties.
- In the Table Properties dialog, on the Row tab, clear the Allow row to break across pages check box.